1752785 Members
5942 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Drive 1 not work in DLT 7000 2/15

Lalo_Weng
Advisor

Drive 1 not work in DLT 7000 2/15

Hi, I have been working on for almost 1 month. The problem is that I have a DLT 7000 2/15 machine. For drive 1, after I load the tape into it from the control panel, I can't unload the tape from drive 1. But I can do it on drive 2. After I switch two drives(Put drive 1 into drive 2's position, while drive 2 into drive's), the drive 1 can't, but drive 2 can. This means that the drive is not the problem. When I operate drive 1 with 'mc',error occurs. But for drive 2, all operations return normal.
I had replaced drive 1's internal SCSI cable bundle and SCSI interface PCA. No improvement got...

Who can help? Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to  Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

Keep finding is the way.
3 REPLIES 3
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Hello Lalo,

If you are using HP-UX, I would suggest you applying the latest SCSI and "mc" patches. But I suppose that you have already done this.

Check the firmware revision of both drives and the picker.

For the picker :

mc -p /dev/ -q

For the drives (with a DLT tape inserted) :

diskinfo -v /dev/rmt/

At last, check with HP support for a replacement.

Good luck.

Kodjo

Learn and explain...
Ed Ulfers
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like the tape library controlling board has lost some of its basic functionality.
I would suggest getting HP in-house to look at it. Shy of that, if you want to do it yourself:
1) Get the latest firmware for controller (used to be in itrc at individual patches under firmware for tape)
2) If that doesn't solve the issue, you may have a bad driving transistor on the controller board, try replacing it.

Hope this is useful for ideas.
-- Ed Ulfers
Put a smile on your users face, offer them a kiss (Hershey's Kiss).
Lalo_Weng
Advisor

Hi, Could you explain more, why you think it is the problem of controller board? why I can operate the drive 2 normally, Isn't drive 2 controlled by this board?

Thanks.
Keep finding is the way.