108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Driver download dlt vs160

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stussy
Advisor

Driver download dlt vs160

Where can i download a driver for hp dlt vs160 SCSI ? The normal link seems to be down.
5 REPLIES 5
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

There is not HP driver for a DLT VS160 drive

Please always use the proper procedure dictated byt the back up software. If you use ARCserver, DPX or tapeware you disable the drive in device manager and do not use drivers.

If you use Back up Exec download and install their driver.
Stussy
Advisor

In the documentation they mention to install the driver from hp for full functionality, rather than the one from windows update.
It doesn't say anything about disabling the driver in device manager!
The problem is i can't find the cd and the link from hp seems to be down.
So where can i find the driver for W2003R2?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Stussy
Advisor

Thx that does the trick
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Yes you would try to avoid generic drivers like Microsoft drivers or HP drivers whenever possible. This is applicable for Nativebackup only.

I would advise you follow to correct procedures from the manual of your back up software.

If you are using Veritas; they manufacture their only drivers.

If you are using ARCserve or tapeware; you need to disable the tape drive in device manager.
Attached is the ARCserve document explaining this.

Please also note that because ARCserve uses SCSI commands just like tapeware it does not utilize drivers.
IF you install a driver for ARCserve or Tapeware you may eventually get IO issues, CRC failures, detection problems, back up failures, cleaning lights, ejecting media, or an unresponsive drive.

You CAN install the HP driver but depending on the back up software you are using this would not be the BEST configuration for RELIABLE backups.