StoreEver Tape Storage
1748202 Members
3201 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Driver for SW Ultrium 460 on Netware 6.5

PaulNorris_1

Driver for SW Ultrium 460 on Netware 6.5

I have just installed a new StorageWorks Ultrium 460 internal drive in our Netware 6.5 server. It is replacing a HP DLT VS 80. Of course, the DLTTAPE.CDM driver doesn't work any more. But what should I use instead?

There's nothing on the CD that came with the drive. A search for drivers on the HP support site only produces the Library and Tape Tools (LTT) and a firmware maintenance CD.

I downloaded the latest LTT package, but when I ran HP_LTT.NLM it abended my system.

Help please?
3 REPLIES 3
Veram_
Frequent Advisor

You are right, there is no driver on the homepage of HP,

I can only advise you for :

1. check this link http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/compatibility/tapebackup/software/Detail/17-0023-0008.html and especially the NOTE: for the other driver for the HBA, which is important by this configuration

2. try scanning the SCSI bus with the LTT and check whether You detect the drive or not . If You detect it ... contact the Novell Support it is probably OS issue ... if not it may be also HW malfunction of the drive

3. try installing backup SW -> this installs also a driver for the specific tape drive and could be a resolution for You

I hope this helps You

Regards
GustavoT
Valued Contributor

One more advise, make sure NWTAPE.CDM is loaded. For the L&TT issue, the latest package supported for Novell have had some issues, what I recommend is extracting the package outside Novell and then copy the HP_LTT directory into SYS:SYSTEM then run it from there. Also make sure that you are downloading version 4.2SR1a
Wei Jung
Trusted Contributor