1748236 Members
3707 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EML 103e driver

SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

EML 103e driver

We installed a new tape lirary EML 103e with two drives and connected with SAN switch. But now one problem is that in the backup server where we installed HP dataprotector it is asking driver for eml from where i will get the driver for this. I tried in the HP site but couldnt
6 REPLIES 6
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Hi,
is this the page you need?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=470328тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodClassId=-1&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470327
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

HP does not provide a Windows driver for the EML libraries. All of the backup applications that HP recommends use their own drivers or the NT Miniport pass through SCSI driver.

Windows asks for a driver because it wants to use NTBackup with the library but NTBackup is not recommended with any LTO libraries.
SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

If HP wont provide drivers can you pls advice me if the drive is showing in the Backup server device manager as unknown medium changer it wont affect the hp dataprotector backup?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Yes I should have said that in my reply. "Unknown Medium Changer" is normal and Data Protector works just fine with that configuration.

That is exactly how my system is set up DP using it's own drivers and Windows reports the changer as "Unknown".
SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

But when i tried to add the library in Dataprotector itis showing library cannot find
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

If the library shows in device manager as an unknown medium changer you can also check regedit HKLM->Hardware->Devicemap->SCSI and make certain it is showing there.

If the library shows everywhere then check to make certain that RSM isn't running.

After that I'm not certain what the problem is you might need to ask in the DP forum.