4841 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EML E-Series lost SAN Drives after some weeks

Peter Palsherm
Occasional Advisor

EML E-Series lost SAN Drives after some weeks

Hello,

we have a EML with 2x NSR E2400FC-4G, 6x LTO3 Drives and 480 Slots. SAN Backup Software is Backup Express. The Firmware of the Library is up to date. Everything works fine until I get this messages in the CV TL Log:

- Lost connection to IFC: 100000e00203394f
- Disabling Secure Manager Feature because a management path could not be found for the following devices: DRIVE HU10635LL3; DRIVE HU105378F0; DRIVE HU105378HG; DRIVE HU105378FE
- Unable to communicate with IFC
- Re-established connection to IFC: 100000e00203394f
- Disabling Secure Manager Feature because a management path could not be found for the following devices: DRIVE HU10635LL3
etc.

The problem is that all Linux and some Windows lost the connection to the LTO drives or the order of the Drives is mixed up. So I have to do a reboot or a /opt/hp/hp_fibreutils/rescan -a on about 50 servers. Thats not so funny.

After a Reboot of the Interface Controllers and the Interface Manager the Library is works for about one or two weeks.

I logged a couple of calls with HP about this issue, but we never had a solution for this problem. Support told me alway that I have to wait for a new firmware. Every time a new firmware was released I installed it. But the Problem still exists.

I hope that I can get here in the forum some help.

Regrads,

Peter
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Have you updated to 5.9.44?
I see that the following problem has been fixed

Router or library could become unresponsive, causing host to lose drives
Peter Palsherm
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

no I have the IFC firmware V. 5.9.3d installed.

As the release note recommend I will update first the Interface Manger from I231 to I232 and then the update of the IFC.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Palsherm
Occasional Advisor

After the update of the Interface Manager from I231 to I232 via CVTL the Library was complete out of order. HP installed a new Interfacer Manager, a new library robotics controller without luck. Hours of work later we found out that 256GB Flash Card which is included in the Interface Manager was ruined by my update. But now we have the actual firmware installed and hope that no drive will be lost anymore.

Regards,

Peter
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Maybe it was a known issue and HP fixed it in the recent f/w version. Hopefully the latest f/w won't give the trouble you have been going through, Peace!
ThierryT
Super Advisor

I am seeing similar problem..after library reboot, the error will go away but after a couple of weeks the same happens again
"Disabling Secure Manager Feature because a management path could not be found for the following devices"
What are the exact steps to upgrade? TIA

ESL712e
--------
current IM = I220
IFC = 5936
Drive = L63W
Robotic = 6.00.22