7752 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESL 322e doesn't see drives

Avakhitov
Occasional Visitor

ESL 322e doesn't see drives

Hello

I have ESL 322e with old firware (6.22) and two LTO-3 FC drives with L67W firmware. I don't have service contract.

I have bought three used LTO-3 drives with L68W firmware, but they don't work in my library.

I can't write any data to cartridge.

Is it problem with Library firmware?

4 REPLIES 4
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: ESL 322e doesn't see drives

Avakhitov,

Does the library turn the drives on but not enable the host ports or not the turn the drives on at all?  Does the library report any errors?

It is possible that those drives were not built for that library.  That firmware revision was used in a couple of different libraries that had different library interface requirements.  Since the library interface requirements were different the libraries generally will turn on the drive, detect whether the drive was built for that library, and only configure the drive if it is a drive built for that library.

If you can get the drives powered up and connected to a host then you can pull the drive logs with HPE Library and TapeTools (LTT) and the drive identity information will show what type of drive it is.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

telnet to the library (cliadmin/clipwd) and run

> show library info

> show library status

> show firmware rev

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Avakhitov
Occasional Visitor

No, Library doesn't show any errors.

Drives are up.

Robot puts cartridge into the Drive, but LTT can't finish Media Assessment Test.

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

If LTT can't complete a Media Assessment Test with passing results that indicates a problem with either the Media or the drive.  That test is intended to test the media as much as possible, not the drive.  If you can post the test results here we may be able to tell more about the reason LTT is claiming the test failed.

To test the drive with LTT you should be using the Drive Assessment Test - the results of that test would be really interesting.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo