1752680 Members
5495 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESL E-Series

Harvey Leibowitz
Occasional Contributor

ESL E-Series

We have 2 ELS e Series Tape Library.We replaced one on the the interface controllers from QA into production.Then on returning the Interface controller to the QA ESL.We no have the configuration WWN of the Production ESL.We Logged on to the Interface Manager and run the command set mgmt wwnstate disable.,But this command does not seem to be in the firmware anymore.Can anyone tell us how to disable the WWN Retention Feature.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
MajidNX
Frequent Advisor

Did you try to do a WWN retention ??
Could you give some more detail as to what kind of library is it (LTO2 or LTO3)
I work for HP
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor
Harvey Leibowitz
Occasional Contributor

This Advisory is for Firmware I170.I am Running I232.WWN retenetion is now enable by default in this Version.All the manuals HP have states that you are able to Disable the WWN Retention.When we telenet into the Interface Manager this option is no longer there.So now there is no way that i know that you are able to disble the WWN retention.There is also no option for WWN retention via Command View TL
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Hello Harvey,

it's been some time since we've seen each other in Grenoble. Hope you're doing well :-)

To get rid of your problem, log into the interface manager and run:

set mgmt wwnstate disabled

Hope this helps,
Jozef
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Oops sorry, you already tried this ...

Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

You should get your QA WWNs back by running the "replace interface" command. As for disabling the WWN retention, all docs I've seen so far indicate that this has been deprecated ...

Jozef
Harvey Leibowitz
Occasional Contributor

HI ,

Yes i have already tried all those commands.I have a feeling that there is some "Super Hidden HP account "that you need to log onto and then the command will be there.

Thanks
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Well if you really require this command then firmware downgrade would be the option here.