1753372 Members
4950 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error 1401 DAT

Eduardo Gonçalves

Error 1401 DAT

I'm having problems making Restores with Data Protector Express 3.10-SP2.
I have 5 DAT (one for each day of the week), and when I run a job for restore the data to a new folder, during the process it shows: "Error 1401: alert - please insert compatible media".
I already try with a new DAT (make the backup and then restore it) and almost at the end (95%) the same error appears.
Any Help?
3 REPLIES 3
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Error 1401 can be caused by several events. In earlier versions of Data Protector Express there were problems maintaining connection to USB tape drives. This is still a problem with Windows 2000.

First I'd recommend upgrading at least to version 3.1 SP4 or to version 3.5 SP1. Both can be found at http://hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress.

If that doesn't solve the problem, use the troubleshooting tool at the same web address. The link is in the right-hand column under the heading "Guided Troubleshooting". There you will find several possible causes to 1401 errors and help in resolving them.

DL
Eduardo Gonçalves

Hi,

I already upgrade to version 3.5 sp1, and now after create a new restore job, it shows a message "HP C7438A is offline"!!

The license i have is for singe server edition and i think i donwload the full verison (i´m not sure).
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it to see of it is recognized. If that doesn't work, disconnect it, delete the device from the list and reconnect the USB.

DL