StoreEver Tape Storage
1753271 Members
4983 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media.

Steve Ng
Occasional Contributor

Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media.

For : anyone who can help

Fyi, i am using HP Storage Works DAT 72 USB together with Data Protector Express 3.10 - Sp4 to backup and restore all the NETWORK data (mapped network drive) in my company.
Now i face a weird problem, yesterday i was successfully backup all the data into a tape, once it complete. i would like to restore some data from THAT tape. But it comes out an alert message Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media. Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

* i had tried restart my PC.
* i had tried turn off and on back the HP
Storage Works DAT 72 USB devices.
* i had tried stop the Data Protector Express
services.
* i confirmed i chosen the correct media.
* The Pc dont have any Cd or dvd rom.

Ur attention is highly appreciated.
Thousand of thanks for anyone who can help.

2 REPLIES 2
Manuel Cordero
Advisor

Re: Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media.

Steve, is this error popping up inmediately you want to recover? using the wizard while doing the first extract it could give you a better approach.

1401, usually means that media needs to be formatted (but that is during back ups). so my best reccomendation is to go and create a new restore job and then specify good your device(s) for the job.

regards and let me know if works
Steve Ng
Occasional Contributor

Re: Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media.

Thanks for replied.

ok. now i get the things worked. i found out 1 thing that was weird. When restore data, the version i choose on the media was not waht the software show me. That's why its alwasy pop out the error 1401 message. So, whenever happen this, i will try to delete the media that it show and run the restore wizards again until the Data protector express get the media i would like to restore. And its work!

Cheers ~