108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error 4462

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ren├й Rombotus

Error 4462

Hello,

I am working with Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5.

Using Windows Vista Business, up-to-date.

I have been backing up several months without any problems, but now for already some months it does not work. Finally I have sit down to try to solve.

I am using today a new HP DAT 72 tape.

The first error I got was 4459, but that was solved thanks to a solution found here. Now I get error 4462.

I am not very into software and hardware. Hopefully somebody can give me a hand anyway.

Thanks.

Ren├й Rombouts
7 REPLIES 7
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor
Solution

It seems Vista its no supported by 3.5 try using the evaluation on 4.0sp1 call tech support to obtain permanent SSE license, anyway try this only if you want to have obdr tapes.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=co-70600-1

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Ren├й Rombotus

Thanks Pablo,

You say that if I want to use this also for regular backups of my harddrive, I should not use the 4.0 update?
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

OBDR is for recover the OS and everything from your PC for example you pc gets stolen if you have the same computer hardware you can restore everything the same way you had it by doing OBDR. Check this link:

www.hp.com/go/obdr

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Ren├й Rombotus

Ok, but also for regular backups you recommend 4.0, or better not?

That├В┬┤s what I understood from your first post.

Thanks again.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

yes anyway remember to perform a new install since the license will not work on 4.0
Pablo Alv Siles
Ren├й Rombotus

Dear Pablo,

I am downloading it. I will uninstall the 3.5 version. But where do I get the licence of the 4.0 version, as this is not offered on the HP-site. Correct? Local retailers for sure won├В┬┤t have it.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Call techsupport they should be able to give you a permanent SSE license.
Pablo Alv Siles