108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error facing Installing HPE LTFS Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
ROSSBERT
Occasional Visitor

Error facing Installing HPE LTFS Configuration

Please Help, i want to make my LTO5 tape LTFS capable but im facing an error when im starting to install the HPE LTFS Configuration:

"The specified drive TAPE0 is not accessible! DeGetDriveDetails: unable to get handle to \\.\TAPE0 - errorcode 0x20

but my tape drive is installed along with the  LSI Adapted driver and the tape drive working in my BackupExec2010

Hoping for a support- Thnx

5 REPLIES 5
AshrafK
HPE Pro

Hello Ross,

Try stopping backup services and run the executable as administrator.

Which LTFS software and version are you using? StoreOpen?

Is this standalone tape drive or library tape drive?

Please share hardware and software configuration details.

I'd like to know what is the need for purposing the same tape drive that is already configured with backup exec?

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ROSSBERT
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Dear Ashraf,

Thank you for the response,

Which LTFS software and version are you using? StoreOpen? Im installed HPE StoreOpen Software v.3.4.2

Is this standalone tape drive or library tape drive? we are using HP LTO Ultirium-5 Tape drive

I'd like to know what is the need for purposing the same tape drive that is already configured with backup exec? i want to try the LTFS system in my existing LTO5 tape so that i can drog and drop all the data as like flashdrive to easly to recover files if needed. in Backup exec many process to do to restore data

ROSSBERT
Occasional Visitor

Ashraf,

Its working and now im using it, but need to format all my tapes to read it as a LTFS.

Thank you and Godbless

AshrafK
HPE Pro

Glad to know.

Every software has its way of recording data on tape, and we were talking about two different tape formats. Tapes formatted by Backup Exec and tapes formatted by LTFS software is different.

The software had to load the entire contents from the tape to show you the files that it contained.  The process for saving files would also have to be handled through the proprietary software.

In LTFS, A file system defines a format for how content should be written to disk. A file system also provides file system driver software that  тАЬmountsтАЭ the file system on the tape, and makes it available for applications to read and write files.

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ROSSBERT
Occasional Visitor

I understand now. thank you a lot.