1748117 Members
3725 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event Viewer System log ErrorID 1992 Source Storage Agents

Blanca Fondevila

Event Viewer System log ErrorID 1992 Source Storage Agents

Hi,
I'm begginer in "the Storage World". I have one StorageWorks MSL6030 ultrium 2 (with 2 drives and 2 libraries). One bad Cartrigde was be looked in Drive 0 and HP, change the drive but after that I saw the error in the Event Viewer in the system log.

I have BAckup Exec Veritas 10 for backups.. and It work ok, but I have another problems and I don't know if it's connect with this.

One gay say me that it is not important.. that is the Remobable Storage service of Microsoft..
and It's veritas that manage Storage..

The error say:
"SCSI Tape Drive Status Change.
The tape drive with SCSI target 1 connected to SCSI bus 1 of the controller in slot 3 has a new status of 5.
(Tape drive status values: 1=other, 2=ok, 3=failed, 5=offline, 6=missingWasOk, 7=missingWasFailed, 8=missingWasOffline)
[SNMP TRAP: 5019 in CPQSCSI.MIB] "

Can you help me?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Re: Event Viewer System log ErrorID 1992 Source Storage Agents

What can you see from Veritas console? All drives are online?
Removable Storae servece MUST be disabled.
regards,
Andrzej
Blanca Fondevila

Veritas Console don't say nothing.. it's ok.

I can do backups ok.

Are you sure that if I stop Removable Storage service this don't affect another thing?

Thanks.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you to contact your veritas support and check that your software is not configured to use the RSM database.
Then, usualy RSM (if not used by the backup application) but also the FC agents from insight manager, or other supervision software may cause problem, not only reporting the desctribed error, that mean that a sw has polled the drive that was probably busy and not responding, and the sw has log a offline status, but these pollings can also disrupt your backups. So a general check should be performed in order to avoid the access to the tape from these software. Also, if the library is in a SAN, these software should be disabled on all the server in the san.

also from Veritas, have a look to the following document:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237047.htm