4224 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ext Ultrium 230 tape stuck

SOLVED
Go to solution
Reginald Ledain

Ext Ultrium 230 tape stuck

I have a couple Ultrium tapes stuck in different units. With the "Tape Error" LED flashing. I have tried all the suggested solutions and none worked. It seems theres a document to help with that as pointed by Lewis Finch. I would appreciate u send it to my email at rledain@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Lewis Finch May 18, 2006 18:23:47 GMT Unassigned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can email you a document to help you get the stuck tape out. Then you will need t0 inspect it to make it is not the tape causing the problem. I can also send you a doc for media inspection
5 REPLIES 5
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ext Ultrium 230 tape stuck

sent to you
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Reginald Ledain

The instructions in the document works perfectly to eject the cartridge from the unit. But what happens to the rest of the tape stuck or enrolled inside? Can the enclosure be opened?
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

if it is in warranty it can be exchanged. It cannot be repaired at the end user level.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Reginald Ledain

Unfortunately the unit is not in warranty. However, I have another unit for which i apparently removed successfully the tape from however it would SPIT OUT any other tape I push in (with more resistance than before)... any idea?
ML Freeman

I have the same problem. Can you send me the document also?

Thanks