New Discussion юеВ

Extend a MSL6060 with passthrough

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alfred Zehetner
Advisor

Extend a MSL6060 with passthrough

Hi Storage-Experts
Yesterday we extended our existing MSL 6060 with another MSL6060 and a pas-through mechanism. We got a internal router card and we were using the "MSL6000 pass-through refernce guide".
We used the cabling like it is shown in the picture for the internal router card.

As we powered up the libraries the slave library always shows up the error message:
Fault code: 100F(Soft)
and telling something like SCSI termination is wrong.

Consequently i read some posts that i do noz need any SCSI connection, because the library should act as one unity.

I have two questions:

1. In the image for the internal router card the cable (with 2 SUB-D 15 pin connectors) is missing. In the image with the external LAN HUB it is connected between the master library and the pass-through mechanism
Is that wrong or OK?

2. Do I need a additional SCSI terminator connected to slave library?

Thanks for your help!!
I don├В┬┤t know anything, but that i know
6 REPLIES 6
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Extend a MSL6060 with passthrough

The short cable (15pin D) connects the pass-thru motor to the Master library. So it connects to the library, and the Pass-thru.
DON'T CONNECT OR DISCONNECT THIS CABLE WHILE THE MASTER LIBRARY IS POWERED-UP. There are some sensitive components that could be damaged by doing this.

There should be no SCSI connection to the Slave controller module - but it does need a terminator on one of the connectors. The drives obviously do need to be connected to (a) SCSI bus(es).

Hope this helps

Rich
Alfred Zehetner
Advisor

I├В┬┤m really grateful for your information, because HP support couldn├В┬┤t deal with this case the last 3 days.
thanks a lot
I don├В┬┤t know anything, but that i know
Ruff1984
Occasional Advisor

Hi Storage -Experts,

I am facing the same problem, we want to extend our existing MSL6060 with another MSL6060 with the pass-through mechanism.
We using the "MSL6000 pass-through reference guide".

I was able to rebuild everything as it is in the guide. My Problem is the 9 Port router, i dont know where the 9 Port router needs to be built. it is very poorly represented in the guide.

The Hp Hotline cant help me iether .
Is there somebody who can tell me where the Router must be installed.
Or have somebody some newer Guides ?

Auserd it would be great if someone could tell me how the exact cabling is ?

Thanks for your help.

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

it must be fitted in the left hand slot (looking from the rear) on the upper level of the master unit.
Ruff1984
Occasional Advisor

Hello marino,

on the place from your description is the Fibre Channel router installed.

Iam meen the Lan router / Lan Hub.

other ideas ?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Only power is got from the MSL
so found the free level and install it
if there is no level with that slot free, you can use any other free slot, just care about overheating, if you can stay away from FC card that would be better