StoreEver Tape Storage
1748218 Members
4494 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fault Code 0A01 -invalid Ethernet (mac) Address...MSL5026

PhilJ

Fault Code 0A01 -invalid Ethernet (mac) Address...MSL5026

Hi everyone, I have searched throughout these forums and tried everything I found.This problem started when I upgraded the Firmware to ver 516. I have tried setting up a static IP, made sure all the subnets were right. Tried DHCP, etc. The only option I have when the error occurs is to reboot, and it occirs every reboot. Does anyone have a fix? OR, can someone tell me how to DOWNGRADE the firmware? It did not have this problem with earlier firmware. Thanks, PhilJ
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Error looks like:
0A01 // Invalid Ethernet (MAC) Address

(The library's Ethernet (MAC) address stored in the non-volatile configuration is not valid. The last three octets are either 0:0:0, or 255:255:255.)

* Cycle power to the library or reboot by using the LCD touch display. Wait 30 seconds to power up again.

Solution:
Back flashing the firmware to version 2.33 is one workaround (with L&TT, password is required from HP Support) or the library controller board has to be replaced.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

According to the post above and this link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00026864&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

it seems to be an invalid IP address. Check your address. A downgrade to this old version is not a good idea IMHO - version 2.xx is about 5 years old.

In case of the error will persist, please contact HP support, perhaps your controller needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, about the firmwareversion .. sure its very old and not recommended!

downgrade to last working config, if this doesn't fix the issue, exchange teh controller board as suggested in my first case

cheers
Michael
gabor kertesz_1

HI,
I spent a lot of hours with this error.I have a brand new msl5026 from compaq. When my company cleaned up the storage room we found it.It was originally packed by compaq, nobody used since 2001.I know this is a tale, but this happen.
When I powered up, it say :Fault code 0a01- invalid ethernet mac.I know this equipment is not under warranty, but what can I do? Put into trash, becuase I need to replace a brand new card what nobody used?
I can not access to other options so I can not attach any picture of usage hours.
Could you pls help me?
Thx
KG
Tish Silva

Sorry to say that this is a sign of a corrupted firmware image. The only fix is to replace the library controller board. You can try using the MSLutil serial program to reload the image, but usually this error renders the serial port inoperable as well. MSLUtil can be downloaded from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=329886&prodSeriesId=254837&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL3991&locBasepartNum=co-13092-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000&tech=Utility