StoreEver Tape Storage
1748061 Members
5529 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fault Code 200F (soft) Removal Prevented MSL5000

ALICE CHILDERS

Fault Code 200F (soft) Removal Prevented MSL5000

What on earth does this mean. Please????
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Marten
Advisor

Re: Fault Code 200F (soft) Removal Prevented MSL5000

I believe it means that the software app attempted to unload the drive, but this was prevented by the library.

I suggest your try to:
1. try the operation again in the software
2. if 1 in unsuccessful, shutdown the software backup app, and try that operation from the library ocp
3. if 2 is unsuccessful, power down library, disconnect from scsi/fiber, bring up again and retry operation from the OCP.

Good luck!
Niclas Lindh

Hi,
I have notice this error message a lot of times and mostly needed to shutdown and restart the library. Have also notice that after the error message I can├В┬┤t unload any media to mailslot, every time it├В┬┤s move the media to mailslot and then back again. works fine after restart.
So, I wondering if someone have any other ideas.

Regards
BR739321
Occasional Advisor

The response 2 is not quite correct, its not the software application that is necessarily attempting to unload the drive. The error indicates that the software app sent a prevent media removal command. A Prevent Media Removal command will cause the unload button to be ignored, there can be different reasons for this being done such as to prevent accidental unloading of the drive during a backup or replacement of the media which could cause corruption with the backup app.

Its worh using l&tt to check the state of the drive (checking whether a prevent media removal has been set on the device) - see http://h41206.www4.hp.com/webapps/IV3/node.iv?locale=en_us&node=prodITRC/DE_HS_STORAGE_pl3c_EN_01_E/N679 for more information on this.

As per the URL above, Prevent Media Removal can be disabled in the drive by:
- Resetting the drive
- Power cycling the drive
- Using the L&TT Set Drive Configuration test (use the options to allow media removal)

Once disabled, you should be able to eject the data cartridge normally. In this case there is nothing wrong with either the drive or the data cartridge - it was just a software configuration issue.
Jan Beuth

Restarting the lib helped me too...