StoreEver Tape Storage
1748202 Members
2896 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware upgrade failure on DLT 2/20 library

George Logiadis

Firmware upgrade failure on DLT 2/20 library

For some unfortunate reason the firmware upgrade on our library was interrupted. Now I keep getting the message "Transport Controller needs new firmware" but the upgrade software cannot proceed to do so, either from the web-based interface nor from the stm tool (hp-ux). Is there any other way to "force" this upgrade?
3 REPLIES 3
Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

Re: Firmware upgrade failure on DLT 2/20 library

I am not familiar with the DLT2/20 Library, but I upgraded some DLT4000 and DLT7000 using tape media. There was a procedure listend in the Knowledge Base, that walked me through it.. I searched on DLT then I looked for firmware. I don't know if the User/Operations guide will define a procedure for upgrading via tape..
Hope you can find success soon.
Tommy
I may be slow, but I get there !
Isaac_4
Frequent Advisor

I ear sometihg about this procedure

if this procedure fail, the DLT doesn?t work anymore
The time is gold
George Logiadis

We managed to find out why the firmware upgrade did not proceeed. So FYI, if the firmware upgrade for some reason fails, the library LCD panel menu (after reboot) displays log information. If the main menu doesn't return back to main menu the firmware download is impossible. Unfortunately the library is located inside the main data center and we couldn't figure out what was goin on until we made the firmware upgrade using a laptop.