5906 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware upgrade on TL891

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Firmware upgrade on TL891

Greetings,

I have four *Digital* TL891 drives (specifically, DS-TL891-NE A03) i'm trying to upgrade to the latest firmware on. They are not attached to any Compaq servers, but a server based on the Intel C440GX bosex server board. I'm using a AHA-2944 as the controller card.

I downloaded the "Tape Options ROMPaq" v1.40A and created the Disk 3 thats required. I cold boot the machine as described in the instructions, but the software tells me that no tape drives found. I then added the ASPI driver for the Adaptec card into the config.sys. The driver loads and successfully identifies the tape drive and loader.

But still, the software tells me no tape devices found.

How do i upgrade the firmware on these tape drives?

Derek Ballard
ballard1@niehs.nih.gov
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Firmware upgrade on TL891

As these drives are from Overland I always contact ovrland.com for latest firm ware. They upgrade firm ware by using an serial 1-to-1 cable with some specific flash program.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

you will need to get the firmwares put on dlt cartrages as the tsmc and other software will not work through the 2944. You should not use firmware from overland data. you should get it from compaq
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Currently, support for Digital Alpha and higher-end Storageworks products is not on this forum. If you are in the US or Canada, call 1-800-354-9000. If you are elsewhere, please contact our nearest offices for support information or check any service contracts you may have for the product in question.