Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Colorado 350 question

Alex Kink
Occasional Visitor

General Colorado 350 question

Hi there! I have a small office network that runs behind a 300MHz box with RedHat 7.1 on it. I want to do daily backups of some of the system and some other files, which total up to ~10MB. My friend gave me an old HP Colorado 350 tape drive.
I can't find much info on this drive. Can anyone tell me what tapes are used by this drive, what is the capacity of the tape, and what is the maximum read/write speed? Also, does anyone have experience with using this drive with RedHat or linux in general?
Thank you in advance!
1 REPLY
Alex Kink
Occasional Visitor

Re: General Colorado 350 question

Just for some more info. I found a small sticker inside the drive saying that it is Colorado Jumbo 350, if that matters.
Thanks!