1748169 Members
3973 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HELP to download firmware for HP 6250 LTO6

egen
Occasional Advisor

HELP to download firmware for HP 6250 LTO6

I tried download using tool from LTT programm but got an error.. I have .E version firmware but can't install

Can anyone put this file *personal info erased*

LTT_Ultrium_6-SCSI_35GD_STANDALONE.frm

THANKS!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HELP to download firmware for HP 6250 LTO6

System recommended content:

1. CUSTOMER NOTICE: HP StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 drives are advancing to firmware version 32BD

2. CUSTOMER NOTICE: HP StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 drives are advancing to firmware version 338D

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @egen,

You can download the file from this link - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=co-177229-2

Members can only share images and URLs. Sharing files or documents is not possible.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

egen
Occasional Advisor

I can't download the firmware by this link, it requires "Support Validation Required". Why can't I replace the problematic firmware that was released in HP and now my cassettes are not loaded?

Is there another way to solve this problem?

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Sharing the file is not possible in the forum. The firmware is available in the HPE support portal anyway. My recommendation is to subscribe HPE support contract. Most of the HPE software availability is now limited to those who have an active support contract.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

egen
Occasional Advisor

IBM, Quantun provide support for LTO type drive without the need for additional subscriptions and contracts. The update came out in 2016 before this requirement was introduced.

Your help is useless.

StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

if HPE has released a new firmware on a 2017 product it means that there are problems.

However, HPE is asking тВм3,200 for a 1-year maintenance contract on a new product that costs тВм6,000.

IBM or other manufacturers place no restrictions on firmware, only on repairs.

This behavior is very damaging to HPE's image.

Best regards