1752576 Members
4224 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Mechanical block 8C/08

chintung

HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Mechanical block 8C/08

Hi all,

I got a HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader with error mechanical block 8C 08 error.
The left arm was not lock!

Any advise?

11 REPLIES 11
Zsal
Valued Contributor

8C error code indicates Rotation obstructed which is a part of the robotics assembly that turns the robot to face each magazine and the drive.

Recommeded action:
• If the device was moved or shipped with tape cartridges in the magazines, verify that none of the cartridges is loose,  obstructing access to the tape drive.
• Remove all magazines and check for any kind of obstruction.
• Run the wellness test.

Use the manual magazine release (if required):

1. From the back of the Autoloader determine which magazine needs to be removed using attached picture.
2. Push a small metal pin or paper clip about 1.5 cm (0.6 inch) into the appropriate release hole to push on the release latch while another person grasps the magazine and removes it from the Autoloader.

IMPORTANT: Do not force the pin once you encounter resistance. Doing so can damage the Autoloader.

If issue persists, rull the wellness test:

The wellness test requires operator interaction and can only be run from the OCP. During the
wellness test:
1. The operator starts the wellness test from the OCP. The administrator password is required.
2. The device performs a self test and verifies that it can communicate with the tape drive.
3. The Autoloader returns the tape cartridge in the tape drive to its home slot, if necessary. If the home slot is not known, the Autoloader will move the cartridge to the mailslot and prompt the operator to remove it.
4. The device prompts the operator to enter the number of cycles to run the test.
5. The device opens the mailslot and prompts the operator to insert a scratch cartridge.
6. The operator inserts a scratch cartridge into the mailslot. If the mailslot is disabled or the operator closes the mailslot without inserting a cartridge into the mailslot, the device will perform a shortened version of the wellness test, skipping step 7.
7. The device loads the scratch cartridge into the tape drive, unloads the scratch cartridge from the tape drive, and returns the scratch cartridge to the mailslot.
8. The device moves the tape cartridge from the four top-row corner slots to the tape drive load point and then returns the tape cartridge to its slot. If one of the top-row corner slot positions does not contain a tape cartridge, the device will  skip that location. If none of the top-row corner slots contain a tape cartridge, the device displays an error message.
9. If additional cycles remain to be run, the test will return to step 7 if there is a tape cartridge in the mailslot or step 8 if there is not a cartridge in the mailslot.
10. At the conclusion of the test, the device pops open the mailslot and waits for the operator to remove the scratch tape.
11. The device displays the test completion status, including any recoveries or errors that may have occurred.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Zsal

OJazem
Frequent Visitor

I did the steps you recommend, but I still have the problem and error code.
the wellness test just result in 0 errors. and the left mag keeps ejecing everytime I push it in.

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

more that likely a picker fault

OJazem
Frequent Visitor

Well, it keeps ejecting cleaning tape. and when you go through inventory at the machine screen it says no cleaning tape.
does it asks for replacing the cleaning tape?? thats my guess.

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

The 8C/08 error is an error in the rotation mechanism on the picker and is almost never field repairable.  In a unit that has been running a long time it usually indicates something worn out, like a flex cable breaking.  When the rotation isn't working correctly that picker can hit the magazine eject release while it is trying to calibrate.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sathyan_43gku

Hi,

I am also got the same problem. Today resolved this issue by rotate and moving liberary to the edge of the track.

First switched off the robotic liberary 

rotate the liberary and move parallal to the track and edges are in same level. then powered on the liberary.

It works for me.

Satishspm99
Occasional Visitor

Hi i got the same issue & as you said to do i have done both of them but still the same issue

Satishspm99
Occasional Visitor

Can Anyone Help with this issue to resolve

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Satishspm99,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo