5102 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader - unknown administrator password

cc48
Occasional Visitor

HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader - unknown administrator password

Hello,

I've just registered looking for help in my case.

I'm trying to set up and use again an old Tape Autoloader. I was using it a few years ago, but since then I stopped and moved to new tape drive. In the meantime the power supply of old autoloader went dead. Now I managed to fix it, but I can't remember administrator password. I only have user password.

I tried to call polish HPE support, but they told me that they can't help me if I haven't bought some sort of support service from them. It's nonsense. All I want is some help with resetting password in an old HP device.

Recently polish HP support (not HPE) helped me with resetting BIOS password in an old ProBook laptop. All that was needed was a proof of purchase.

Can I get help here with my case? I can supply serial number of the device, and proof of purchase if it's needed. I won't pay for resetting this password, since this device belongs to my company, and it's an old one, not needed for current backup solution.

1 REPLY 1
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader - unknown administrator password

HPE support should provide password recovery assistance for HPE tape products regardless of support contract status or warrenty.  Call them back and ask again.  They should have information about how to use an internal tool to generate a temporary password with some information you can provide.  If you get push back ask to speak to somebody else and please post an update here with how that works for you.  Sometimes an individual agent isn't aware of the process but if retraining is needed that would be good to know.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo