108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 6400 autochanger K410 server with hpux 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Davis_8
Occasional Contributor

HP 6400 autochanger K410 server with hpux 10.20

Hi. I've fallen into the task of trying to get a HP6400 aautochanger working on a K410 server running hpux 10.20. I've attached the unit to the HP-PB based scsi adapter at 10.4.16.3. An ioscan shows the tape2 driver for 10.4.16.3.0 and the autochg (it's auto*, I can't find my notes right now...)driver for 10.4.16.3.1. I tried the scsi_io test to the changer, but it fails. I can't get to the drive using mt.
I cannot find the manual or install/config/setupinstructions for this unit.
Does anyone know where I can find these documents? I'm sure I can get it going if I can get the right info....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance....
davidd
4 REPLIES 4
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor
Solution

David,

The attached document describes how an autochanger device file is configured on a HPUX server.

What does an 'ioscan -fnC autoch' gives as output? Is the driver 'schgr' configured in the kernel?

Kurt
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Second try to attach the document

Kurt
David Davis_8
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much, Kurt!
I'll be at the site again this morning and will get this checked out. If necessary, I'll incluce the ioscan info in my next reply. I've briefly reviewed the attachment, and I believe it's exactly what I was missing.
We're planning on using the unit with OmniBack, but I believe I need to get it accessable through hpux first. Is there a recommended setting for the SCSI IDs for the tape drive and changer? (they are currently set to 3 for the drive and 6 for the changer...)

Thanks again!
davidd
David Davis_8
Occasional Contributor

Kurt,
The document you sent did the trick!
Once I added a kernel entry for the autochanger to use the spt driver, the autoch driver let it be. I then did the mknod for the device and it's working fine.

Thanks very much for your help!!
davidd