1752653 Members
5784 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Autoloader 1/9 C7145

CA874538
Occasional Contributor

HP Autoloader 1/9 C7145

I have HP DLT Autoloader C7145, have been using all these days with HP Omnibak4.1, but all of a sudden it started throwing errors while backing up as user aborted the session or there is not enough memory to performn the operation and stuff like that. I reinstalled HP Omniback software and not it does find the device while trying to add it, it throws this error ": [12:1405] Device detection not possible for selected client."
wht can be the issue and how can i fix this?

thanks in advance
bobby

5 REPLIES 5
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Autoloader 1/9 C7145

hi
as a first step I suggest to run some diagtool like L&TT which can tell you is the library and communication is ok

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=C7145NB&prodName=hp+surestore+tape+autoloader+model+1%2F9&locale=en_US&taskId=8418&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=34114&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+tape+autoloader+1%2F9+series

---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA874538
Occasional Contributor

did as per ur suggestion the connectivity is fine no issues the L&TT software is detecting the device properly no errors but dont know why all of a sudden HP Omniback is throwing this error ": [12:1405] Device detection not possible for selected client."
wht next can be done?

bobby
CA713937
Honored Contributor

From your description, it does not sound like a library problem (since LTT sees the device). Sounds more like a software configuration problem with omniback, or a configuration problem with the device on the system. What OS is this - UX or Windows? If Windows 2000/XP, is RSM disabled?
The journey IS the reward.
CA874538
Occasional Contributor

Omniback is installed on windows 2000 server,
Iam not sure wht RSM is? Can you explain it ot me wht it means and how to enable/disable it?

Thanks
Bharat
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Bobby,
RSM stands for 'Removable Storage Management' and to control it you should go to 'Computer Management', then open 'Services' subtree and find this RSM service. Check if it's started then stop it
Eugeny