1752298 Members
4436 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Cannot find any reference to downloading version L708 firmware for the HP C1537 DDS-3 drive. Actually, cannot find any reference to the drive itself on the HP site. Our prioritized equipment software requires the L708 firmware to function properly.
6 REPLIES 6
BR676901

Re: HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Try LTT and use the upgrade firmware option. It should make the f/w available to you.
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html

BR732038
Frequent Advisor

L708 is really,really old firmware code and you'll generally only find the latest versions on the actual

website.

if you use LTT, then by hitting the 'get files from web' (under File, changing to the firmware tab and checking the 'show all firmware' boxes then L708 will be displayed in the list and you can check it for downloading.

If your devices are on a higher firmware revision then you will have to change a box in 'factory firmware overrides' and I think you'll need a temporary password to do that (available from any HP call centre)

Neil Ryan
Advisor

Maddoc's right, sounds like you'll have to get a password. If possible, please download the latest version of Library and Tape Tools which is 3.1. The reason you probably didn't find any reference to a C1537 DDS-3 drive, is because we usually refer to it as a DAT24. (12GB native, 24GB compressed) If you look on our website I'm sure you'll find plenty of information on your drive. You could start here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=42846
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't." - Lewis Finch
Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys, I have managed to get to the point where it says I have to use a password to downgrade to L708. I am not sure how to get to the point of using a password, once I get one. Also, either the LTT software is unstable or my PC is unstable. Sometimes the software sees the drive and most times it does not. After I shutdown the PC and disconnect the drive and sometimes uninstall the software and reload, I can find the drive again. This is frustrating. I thought I downloaded 3.1, but I am not sure. I had to tear my test PC down and do another project. I will get back to it soon. Note: Our equipment supplier software will only run on specific version levels, that is why I have to do this eventually for a few drives.
Thanks again.
CA886084
Frequent Advisor

Note* if you are running win 2k/win nt/win xp then before you start L&TT you will need to stop all backup services that are running on you're machine. Ex. in windows 2k & xp - it's control panel/admin tools/services icon/ then look for removable storage service and stop it and any other backup services. The password for L&TT you will need to call Tech Support for.
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

The LTT password is restricted to HP support personnel - you could TRY contacting your local HP tech support with a view to getting the firmware rolled back..

Only option i'm afraid!

Jeff