Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Cannot find any reference to downloading version L708 firmware for the HP C1537 DDS-3 drive. Actually, cannot find any reference to the drive itself on the HP site. Our prioritized equipment software requires the L708 firmware to function properly.
4 REPLIES
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but it does not appear the c1537 is in the compatibility list and I would not be able to get an older version of the firmware, specifically, L708. I can find reference to the c1537 doing a search in Yahoo for example but HP does not seem to acknowledge its existence. I can get a drive supplier to change my firmware for $100 each, but I would rather do it myself. I have a number of units to make the change.

Richard
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I use windows version of LTT and see following firmware files available for download for C1537 drives: L708, L907, L005 and L111.
You will NOT see C1537 in compatibility list because C1537 is NOT a product number but drive inquiry string. So do not worry and simply try LTT
Eugeny
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

Your going in incur problems trying to change the drive's f/ware to L708 - its old! HP *may* be able to do it - speak to your local HP tech support - It's possible through LTT but not unless you have the password - HP support personnel only have access to this.

Thanks

Jeff