1752590 Members
3016 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Cannot find any reference to downloading version L708 firmware for the HP C1537 DDS-3 drive. Actually, cannot find any reference to the drive itself on the HP site. Our prioritized equipment software requires the L708 firmware to function properly.
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: HP C1537 DDS-3 Drive Firmware

Richard Lesight
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but it does not appear the c1537 is in the compatibility list and I would not be able to get an older version of the firmware, specifically, L708. I can find reference to the c1537 doing a search in Yahoo for example but HP does not seem to acknowledge its existence. I can get a drive supplier to change my firmware for $100 each, but I would rather do it myself. I have a number of units to make the change.

Richard
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I use windows version of LTT and see following firmware files available for download for C1537 drives: L708, L907, L005 and L111.
You will NOT see C1537 in compatibility list because C1537 is NOT a product number but drive inquiry string. So do not worry and simply try LTT
Eugeny
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

Your going in incur problems trying to change the drive's f/ware to L708 - its old! HP *may* be able to do it - speak to your local HP tech support - It's possible through LTT but not unless you have the password - HP support personnel only have access to this.

Thanks

Jeff