StoreEver Tape Storage
1752813 Members
5823 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP COLORADO 20GB incompatible with WINDOWS 2000 SERVER

Romeo Elias

HP COLORADO 20GB incompatible with WINDOWS 2000 SERVER

I just recently upgraded our fileserver from a WIN 98 OS to a WIN 2000 Server OS. I am trying to find a backup software application to use with WIN 2000 server so I can maintain our backup.

HP no longer supports this product nor provides drivers that can be used for backup AND restore on WIN 2000 server. Please tell me there is another software out there that I can use to be able to BACKUP AND RESTORE the fileserver with WIN 2000 Server.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
madoc
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP COLORADO 20GB incompatible with WINDOWS 2000 SERVER

Hi,

Bad news and good news

As the product is a desktop product then the software solution that we recommend:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg10065.html

Won't work with server O/S's and that obviously includes Win2000server

The good news is that Backup Exec, by Veritas, and probably some other commercial applications will. However, they are more expensive.

cheers

John

Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Romeo Elias

Unfortunately, Backup Exec does NOT support the Colorado 20GB parallel port version.

Is there any other company that provides software for this? It seems like, unfortunately, I am left with a device that is not supported by anyone!

R. Bartels

Same problem for me, I installed NT4.0 workstation instead, that worked with it. But I would really love to use it with Win2k Server!!!