1752393 Members
6859 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Colorado 5GB fails installation test

Brenton Burfield
Occasional Contributor

HP Colorado 5GB fails installation test

I have replaced my Intel P11 233Mz board with an Intel P111 1Gz board and now my Colorado 5GB drive fails the installation test even though windows device manager (Win98SE) says all is working. Also Assist32 results reports that the recommended installation matches the actual. I have disconnected and reinstalled both hardware and software several times to no avail. Where can I go from here?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HP Colorado 5GB fails installation test

Make sure that the BIOS of the computer is update with the New Hard Disk - properly. Some BIOS will auto-update but just ensure. Check to see if there are jumpers on the new Intel PIII 1Gz board that need to be set on or off (In some instance there maybe jumpers maybe for specific drive types/speed/size etc.)If you had the HD working fine with the PII and you change the M/B it should word - just like that. However, check to see if there are any specific issues with the board. This does not help - post the board and BIOs that you are using.
The greatest risk one take is not taking one!
Brenton Burfield
Occasional Contributor

The board was installed correctly and the Bios upgraded and no jumpers are required.
The M/B is Intel Desktop D815EEA2/D815EPEA2. The CPU is a Genuine Intel Family 6 Model 8 997. The Bios is American Megatrends 07/30/01 Bios vers EA81520A.86A.0021.P13.
Thank you in advance.
Brenton Burfield
Occasional Contributor

It has now been decided that this is a hardware problem and the drive has to be replaced.