StoreEver Tape Storage
1753928 Members
8989 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-Colorado 5Gb Internal

Kenneth Remley

HP-Colorado 5Gb Internal

Running Win 98 and using HP-Colorado Backup II software.
Before backing up my C drive (only), I have run Scandisk & Defrag..no problems. Have closed down all programs except systray and explorer.
Attempting to backup all files on my C drive, the program completes the backup of all files (8371) in about 30 minutes. The program then begins to "Update Media Header" and this continues for several minutes and then the drive becomes silent and nothing happens! The screen shows paper leaving a folder moving to the tape drive, but it continues with nothing else happening. I have left it do this for 5 hours! I finally shut down the program using Ctrl-Alt-Del. The keyboard freezes, the mouse pointer moves, but doesn't work and I eventually use Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down the system. Have tried different tapes (even a new one) and have tried Erasing, Initializing and even tried re-installing the HP-Colorado Back up II software (Ver 4.0). Nothing seems to help. Have used this program successfully in the past and usually the Erase/Initialize process solves the problem, but now nothing seems to help. Only change has been the installation of a new scanner (Astra 4450 w/VistaScan software).
Ken
2 REPLIES 2
Kenneth Remley

Re: HP-Colorado 5Gb Internal

Correction...HP-Colorado Backup II software is version 6.0 (NOT 4.0)...sorry!
Kenneth Remley

Re: HP-Colorado 5Gb Internal

Finally got my C drive backed up! (Had no problem backing up the D drive). Discovered I had installed the Colorado Backup software on both my C and D drives. After deleting both and reinstalling to my D drive, the back up went smoothly. Maybe this may help someone else?
Ken