Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP DAT causing Event ID 11

Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

HP DAT causing Event ID 11

I am recveving errors in my server event log saying "the driver detected a controller error on \device\tape0"

I am also recieving event 15 from symmpi saying "The device, \device\scsi\symmpi, is not ready for access yet"

Can anyone explain to me why these error messages are happening and how i could fix the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am running UltraBac on a Windows 2003 server if that makes any difference.
1 REPLY
Alessandro_57
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP DAT causing Event ID 11

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem.In my case it's a DAT tape autoloader C5716A with latest firmware installed.It's connected to a DL380G3 through a 268351-B21 U320 SCSI adapter.Version of the SCSI driver is 1.10.01.00 (from Smartstart v7.10), and I did use the latest version of the autoloader driver (hptapedrivers.exe).I'm using NTBackup software and the s.o. is windows 2003 enterprise server.The backup work but I get those messages on event log only when I change the media loaded, I mean no errors if I use the already loaded media.Any help is very appreciated.