1748209 Members
2834 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DLT Autoloader VS80

Leonel Louren├зo

HP DLT Autoloader VS80

Hi,
I am connecting a HP Surestore Tape Autoloader VS80 DLT to a Win 2000 server and I am having some problems:

In the device manger I have:

Medium Changers
Unknown Medium Changer Type
? Other devices
HP C9264CB-VS80 SCSI Sequential Device

When I run HP StorageWorks it detects de autoloader and does all tests with no errors.
I am using HP OpenView Omniback II Vr.4.1 and when I try to run a backup I receive the message: Cannot load exchanger medium ([1] Incorrect function.)

Where can I find a driver to Win 2000 Server and what can be wrong with hardware/software configuration?

TIA

L. Lourenco
L.Lourenco
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DLT Autoloader VS80

You might look at the tape library tools latest version from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US&prodNum=A4684AтМй=English+%28US%29&basePartNum=co582&locBasepartNum=co-3035-8&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000&tech=Firmware+Bundle
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Leonel,
unfortunately there're no windows OS drivers for autochangers. You need 3rd patry backup software which has drivers bundled. As soon as you have Omniback already installed I think the problem is in its configuration - check if Omniback uses correct autochanger driver for this device (you've chosen correct device in device list). For more Q&As on Omniback backup software please post question into Management Software section of ITRC forum
Eugeny
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Try to unload any tape drivers and reconfigure the autoloader in OmniBack. When this is done the device files should look like "scsi....." not "Tape......".
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

I agree with all the previous recommendations. Let me add one more.

1. Stop & disable the 2000 RSM (Removable Storage) Manager under the 2000 services. When using any other backup software, RSM should not be running. Set this service to MANUAL (default is Automatic) so that it will not start up again on a reboot.

2. Uninstall Omniback II, reboot Windows, then re-install this software.
Jake Richie
Advisor

Windows driver
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/16085.html

make sure the loader is set to random mode
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.