StoreEver Tape Storage
1752271 Members
4599 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DLT8000 inoperate after firmware upgrade.

Kozlowski

HP DLT8000 inoperate after firmware upgrade.

I have some problem with my dlt8000:
Model TH8AF-TX A09
Exchange part C6378-69004
Serial 3713610109.
I recently launch the last upgrade the hp ltt (35 sr3)who said theyre was a new firmware.(I was on V80 oem)
So I let LTT download the firmware and install it.
The first step was running well, all the files where uploaded on the drive. The light was all blinking and after 100 seconds the operate handle light was green.
LTT ask me to restart the drive, but since, the drive is no more detected by the scsi controler nor LTT, and the 6 left light blink amber.
What can I do.
Thanks for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP DLT8000 inoperate after firmware upgrade.

Did you get a "firmware completed successfully" message in LTT?
If not drive might be destroyed.

If you are using windows 2000 or 2003 close LTT got to device manager and rescan for devices.
You should see your drive under tape drives.
If this does not work.
Reboot your server and see if the drive and scsi controller are recognized in post. if the scsi card is there and drive is not, your drive might be destroyed after the firmware upgrade.
Kozlowski

Re: HP DLT8000 inoperate after firmware upgrade.

All was running as expected. I did'nt notice any problem. After the led all flashing during the process the operate handle was again green, and a pop tell me to restart the drive.
Now the controleur didn't see the drive anymore. My only hope is to be able to reload the drive by a tape.
I will appreciate If someone could tell me the siginification of the left led all blinking?
I tried a cleaning tape, and the drive have done a full regulary cleaning cycle.
I don't know if a ruined drive do the cleaning routine anymore??