StoreEver Tape Storage
1748169 Members
4139 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Data Protector Express 4.0 with windows 2008 server

Nazarman nadzri

HP Data Protector Express 4.0 with windows 2008 server

Unable to run network backup using DPE 4.0. This error has occurred Error 1002: Invalid class
7 REPLIES 7
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Forgive me for asking a possibly silly question, but... which version of Data Protector Express 4.0? If it's the Single Server Edition that comes licensed with most tape drives and autoloaders, then, you won't be able to do network backups unless you upgrade to the full Data Protector Express package.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Nazarman nadzri

TQ for the respond.
I'm using Data Protector 4.0 SP1 upgrade from Data Protector Express single server edition.
Nazarman nadzri

sorry wrong version.

I'm using Data Protector express 4.0 SP1 upgrade from data protector express single server edition
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Do you see the server online? I mean does it have a yellow exclamation?

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

For a DPX backup server to be able to connect to a network server, the following steps has to be done first.

1. You should have a Network clint agent(BB121BA)installed in your DPX backup serverGUI
2. you should install clint installation on the remote server you want to backup and at the time of installation you have to specify the DPX Domain as specified while installing the backup server
3. once the clint installation is done confirm if the DPX Service is running in the remote server
4. After the above steps, you should be able to see the Remote network server in the backup selection list

Once all the above steps are done properly, there should not be any problem in backing up the network/remote server.

If after doing all the above steps the backups are still failing, i will recommand to update the DPX 4.0 SP1 to the latest patch level and then try again. It is available for download at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1144272&swItem=co-70600-1&prodNameId=3741049&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Regards

Raj
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Nazarman nadzri

Raj,
Unable to download the file. This error occurred.
No webpage was found for the web address: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL28453/co-70600-1/BB117-10010.iso

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

I clicked on the ftp link and the download dialog came right up on the screen. If you are trying to download on a server, try using a pc instead.