1752795 Members
5960 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Data Protector Express

Geeza Dude
Occasional Contributor

HP Data Protector Express

How do I change the date format from the "ass-about-face" American format to the more sensible European or international formats?
4 REPLIES 4
Manuel Cordero
Advisor

Geeza Dude.

Have you change the setting on your windows system for having a more familiar date format?
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Date format is set by rules in the installer, based on the language being installed and settings in the OS. The result is maintained in dpconfig.ini file as a string template.

Modifying the date format in the config file is not advisable and may result in errors in the scheduler or other aspects of the program.

DL
Manuel Cordero
Advisor

Geeza Dude, there are some regional settings at the control panel, from there you can personalize your date format setting. so hope that can help.

So then you don't mess with the registry.

regards
Robelito Bairadi

So i have a similar problem - HP Data Protector Express is already installed and i already made some jobs (weekly - every day backups), but now i saw that weeks there start from Sunday (not from Monday) - it's probably American format. I want them to start from Mondat. I have my native (proper) regional settings, but when choosing language of installation i chose English, cause there wasn't such language as Latvian :) So what to do now to change this settings so week could start from Monday not from Sunday.