108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MSL 4048 + Celerra

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vinay Babu

HP MSL 4048 + Celerra

Hi,

I have configured NDMP backup on Celerra + HP MSL 4048. Backup server is HP DP. Library is connected directly to Celerra using FC port. The problem I am facing is that I am able to see only one drive and jukebox instead of two drives in celerra. I have connected FC cable to the Port A of Drive1 of MSL library. Please help me for the right configuration of the Tape library. I am attaching the screenshots of the Tape library configurations.
4 REPLIES 4
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

You have to have cables connected to Port A of drive 2 to be able to see that drive. Do you have cables connected to both drives?
Vinay Babu

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the reply... we have only one SFP in the 2 FC ports in Celerra. So we have connected the same to the first Tape drive. In 1st tape drive we have two FC ports, the remaining port B of 1st tape drive connected to 2nd tape drive port A.

Please let me know that we have connected properly or not???
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The connections you have made won't work. Port B on the drives only goes to the drive and is their to provide an alternate physical path to the drive for software and operating systems that support multiple paths.

You need to connect both drives to the Celerra to see both. I'm not familiar with a Celerra so can't provide specifics for that platform but in general either both drives have to be plugged to ports on the server or a fibre channel switch has to be in between the server and the drives (the switch is the most common method).
Vinay Babu

Sorry for the delayed reply but many thanks for the help and info...

Regards,
Vinay