1753922 Members
7371 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MSL2024 1 Ultrium960 bar code not reading LTO 3 drive

shabash
Frequent Advisor

HP MSL2024 1 Ultrium960 bar code not reading LTO 3 drive

i have MSL 2024 libaray attached with DL server having 64bit os.
HP LTO4 Ultrium RW Bar Code Label Pack is used inside libaray.

the tape cartridges i am using is "HP Ultrium 800GB RW Data Cartridge"

Now all cartridges having model C7973A
with barcode number starting with E012...L4 are not scanable and keep giving error error[93:60] attached.

Now when i use same cartridge of other barcode number starting with K0.....L3.they are scanable and work perfectly fine.

if i swap the sticker tape of barcode on cartridge it also work but not with E...L4.

i am confused here why its not working with E...L4???

Any one help?????
4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP MSL2024 1 Ultrium960 bar code not reading LTO 3 drive

The problem is that you are using LTO4 Barcode Labels with HP Ultrium 800 GB Rewritable Data Cartridge (C7973A) LTO3 media, take the L4 barcodes out from the L3 medias.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
shabash
Frequent Advisor

yes you are very much right.

Now i have removed the barcode but still its not scanable.

unless i use LTO 3 barcode.
what if i avoid barcode reading autoloader?
will it work normal.

i have done it and now its working fine.but its not recommended way.although backup running fine without any problem.

Also tell me can i upgrade firmware of MSL2024 remotely through webconole.?provide link to download firmware?
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can upgrade the firmware using the management interface. However I would suggest you to us the Library and tape tools to upgrade the firmware.

I have attached the process in word document.

Hope this helps.

You should have the bar codes on as this can create an issue and mes sup the inventory. Check with HP support and see if you can get that reader replaced.

Regards,
Sunny

shabash
Frequent Advisor

thx for providing the link.
the firmware updated.

Now one thing i want to confirm that my window cell manager is out of cluster and i have added hp-ux cluster clients.

Now i have cluster nodes primary and standby node.
i have added a client with virtual server ip which is primary package side so that in case of failover backup should also move to failover node.

Now i have number of listed clients in my window cell manager.whenever i add client of cluster i.e virtual server ip it always added the primary node hostname.

i want that virtual server ip or hostname shown in client list so that its understanable.

whenever i add virtual server name or with ip it always show primary node hostname not the virtual server hostname or ip??

Any one????