5212 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SoureStore DAT24i, test passed with warning by L&TT

Alan R. Yin
Occasional Advisor

HP SoureStore DAT24i, test passed with warning by L&TT

Hi All,

I have two DAT24i, they are working fine (Erase, Backup & Restore). But when I tested them in Win2k using "Device Analysis" of HP L & TT, it always came up "test passed with warning", I cleaned the drives 5 times in a row, still came up the same messages, I also tried on two external dds3 drives(C6364A & C2984M), came up the same messages too. Anyone got an idea? I enclosed the support ticket for one of the DAT24i drive here.

Thank you!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage>General to Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SoureStore DAT24i, test passed with warning by L&TT

hy
for what i ca read from the report, your two WARNING ERRORS are descibed :
first:" Your drive may be exceeding its Duty Cycle specification. The drive is designed to read or write for no more than 5 hours per day." means exactly what is recorded by the firmware of the dat, each device have a duty cycle, if you exceed it, you can reduce the life of your device.
second:"You have media errors logged in your drive ", is clear, in your tape probably already somes blocks where marked as bad, your backup can still work, but you have to know the potential problem.
bye
marino
Alan R. Yin
Occasional Advisor

Ok, what about other drives? I used new cleaning tape cleaned them 5 times in a row and used new tape to test, but the warnnings still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of these warnings? any idea welcome!
Jeff Walker

You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the LTT program to remove the log files on the system.

Your other drives are probably fine , do a test backup ( and verify!! ) with each to be really sure. Try the r/write and media validation tests on LTT to ascertain any backup problems.

Regards

Jeff