StoreEver Tape Storage
1752401 Members
5597 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Storage works DAT 40 drive not being detected by HP Data Protector Express

muzzamil noor

HP Storage works DAT 40 drive not being detected by HP Data Protector Express

I have recently installed HP Storage works DAT 40 drive with HP ML350 G3 server. The drive is visible in device manager with the recent drivers but the HP Data Protector Express(Single server edition) is not detecting it. I tried using the HP Storage Works Library and Tape Tools, it detects the drive but then throws up an error that the diagnostic functions are operating in resricted mode becuase Product ID is not properly recognised or the device operates in "Boot Code". The report generated by the Library and Tape Tools is attached
3 REPLIES 3
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Storage works DAT 40 drive not being detected by HP Data Protector Express

First disable the removable storage service in Windows services. It's probably claiming the device
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Rothery Harris
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Storage works DAT 40 drive not being detected by HP Data Protector Express

Try stopping and starting the Data Protector Express service. Basically if the tape drive is shown in the device manager screen then it should detect it. Check that the HP tape driver is loaded.
CA1452877

I had the exact same problem and after much frustration I found that I had retrieved a registration number for Data Protector Express Proliant Edition (which does NOT support tape drives). I had to ensure that I used a registration number for the HP Data Protector Single Server Edition.

Then I was able to back up.