Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

Chad77
Occasional Contributor

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

We have a HP autoloader model no:AF203-63001.

Can anyone tell me if this model has the hardware capability to export a tape to the mail slot once a job has completed. I have not been able to achieve this using Veritas BackupExec 10.
6 REPLIES
Taohung
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

Veritas BackupExec doesn't support export a tape to the mail slot.

Thank you for using Veritas BackupExec.
Chad77
Occasional Contributor

According to Veritas technical support it does that is why i has asked the question here.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

With a 1/8 model autoloader there is a coursel.

Back Up exec does not support export/import on coursel autoloaders... which means moving tapes to and from the storage slot

You CAN load/unload with back up exec... which meand to and from the drive (from the storage slot)

Apparently Back Up Exec was designed to use the import/export on libraries/autolaoders with a robot shuttle assembly and as far as I know a crousel autoloader was never intended to support thwi import.export feature with back up exec.

import/export will need to be done from teh front panel of the library
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Wow that was a terrible typo post... let's try again shall we?

With a 1/8 model autoloader there is a carousel.

Back Up exec does not support export/import on carousel autoloaders... which means moving tapes to and from the storage slot

You CAN load/unload with back up exec... which means to and from the drive (from the storage slot)

Apparently Back Up Exec was designed to use the import/export on libraries/autoloaders with a robot shuttle assembly and as far as I know a carousel autoloader was never intended to support this import/export feature with back up exec.

Import/export will need to be done from the front panel of the library.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

chad here is HP doc explaining why you cannot use mail slot in this autoloader as already explained, it is due to kind of autoloader used

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=lpg75140&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

hi,

Any software application cannot help to eject the media to mail slot in a 1\8 autoloader. it is not supported in this model
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!