4564 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 448 G2 Tape Autoloader-backupJob

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nazmi Shtavica

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 448 G2 Tape Autoloader-backupJob

I have an HP D2D-110 StorageWorks 1x8 G2 with Ultrium 448 Tape Autoloader and I use Data Protector Express 3.5. Sp2.
I would like to backup as following: Monday on Slot1, Tuesday on Slot2, Wednesday on Slot3, Thursday on Slot 4, Friday1 on Slot5, Friday2 on Slot6, Friday3 on Slot7 and Friday4 on Slot8. Can somebody help me?
I tried to do it automatically, but the Slots 6, 7 and 8 are not reserved for Friday 2, resp.Friday 3, resp.Friday 4.
5 REPLIES 5
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 448 G2 Tape Autoloader-backupJob

If you click on the day any day on shedule you will see where dpe will look for media, save that info then format the cartridges go to jobs and media and then move media to thouse locations.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Nazmi Shtavica

Thanks for the information. I've deleted the previous repeatedly-scheduled-job and created a new one, and now I have to wait till next Week to see where the medias (Daily & Weekly) will be saved.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

No need to wait Folders are already created you just need to check the schedule and see what folder is used wich day then go to: Jobs and media >>> Look for the media you already formatted >>> right click "MOVE" >>> then move media to the specific location. I attacht a picture.

Pablo Alv Siles
Nazmi Shtavica

Thanks again, but unfortunately I don't see no media in other Folders (perhaps because I deleted them in ancient Backup-Job). I can see just the media from Yesterdays backup in the right folder. I suppose the next tape (should be automatically formatted) and then I???ll see it in one of the folders (I hope in the right one :-). See attachment.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Here is the deal you format the tapes then you go to jobs and media and move the tapes to the folders if dont know wich folder belongs to wich day then go to schedule and click on the day.
See the picture

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles