StoreEver Tape Storage
1752794 Members
6642 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks 5U Enclosure + Ultrium 460 Internal

Garry Brock

HP StorageWorks 5U Enclosure + Ultrium 460 Internal

I have a problem with the StorageWorks 5U enclosure, and subsequent fitting of the Ultrium 460 Internal drives.

I basically cant see how the drives secure into the enclosure?? should there be some kind of fitting kit (bracket?) that attaches to the drive before it gets fitted into the rack enclosure??

Thanks for any Help

Garry
4 REPLIES 4
Andy Weeks
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP StorageWorks 5U Enclosure + Ultrium 460 Internal

Hi Garry,

I believe there is an adaption bracket, however this product is managed out of the US and my main contact is out today. I am following up with another guy who may be able to help us today. As soon as I get the relevant information, I will pass it on to you. Incidentally, are you attempting to fit a single drive or is this a multiple requirement?

Best Regards
Andy
HP NSS, Bristol UK.
Garry Brock

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

We are trying to fit 2x Ultrium 460 Internal Drives, I am led to believe that the enclosure can support upto 4 drives.

I look forward to your reply!

Thanks again

Garry
Andy Weeks
Occasional Advisor

HI Garry,

yes you are correct in the assumption that the 5U rackmount enclosure can take up to four Ultrium 460 drives. If you go to the relevant section of the hp website (see URL in the attachment), then click the 'technical information' tab. This takes you to the reference guides. Select your preferred language and go to section 2 in the guide. The drawings clearly show brackets attached to the side of the standard drive 'brick'. I believe these are the brackets you need. (Apologies that the guide is a little out of date and only seems to refer to DLT drives). I believe this 'rackmount' version of the drive is sold as a separate item from the normal internal brick. My contacts in the US will be able to advise if there are any other differences. I hope to get back to you later today.
Regards
Andy
Garry Brock

Andy,

Many thanks for your help, if you could let me know what you find that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Garry Brock