1752272 Members
5526 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Storageworks SSL 1016 driver for windwos 2008

Wasdanau
Occasional Visitor

HP Storageworks SSL 1016 driver for windwos 2008

I can't find the right driver for HP Storagework SSL 1016 tape backup. I used the "HP Tape Library" driver, which work ok, but the Barcode reader doesn't work. Is there a HP driver for windows 2008 that support the barcode reader, so windows 2008 recognizes then SSL1016 and shows the correct name in the hardware device list.

3 REPLIES 3
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks SSL 1016 driver for windwos 2008

Does your SSL 1016 have the barcode reader option?   It was not standard equipment -- at least on the earlier models (I don't remember if they all came with barcode readers later).

Since the barcode reader was optional, I have seen that in some backup applications, you have to go in to the device properties and specificaly tell the application that the device has a barcode reader.   What application are you using, and have you done this?

It's not necessary that Windows see this as an SSL 1016 -- in fact, it's common for many of the medium libraries to show up as "medium systems library" or something like that... it really makes no difference for them, as long as the backup application supports your device.

--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Wasdanau
Occasional Visitor

We are using DPM 2010 as a backup solution, running on Windows 2008 x64. We used to have DPM 2007 running on Windows 2003 x86. With Windows 2003, the correct driver was available, think I installed it from the installation CD and the barcode reader was available there. Can't recall I had to enable the barcode reader somewere in DPM or Windows.

Michel van den Heijkant
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone now of a solution that gets the barcode reader working?