4587 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SureStore 4/48 tape library.......

john D_3
Frequent Advisor

HP SureStore 4/48 tape library.......

Hi,

I have an HP SureStore 4/48 tape library with 2 DLT4000 tape drives and 28 slots. I have configured it on HPUX 11i with HP Data Protector 5.0 software. When I try to run a backup session on filesystems, it continues to show me that it is loading media agents but that never happens. It does not give any error messages and I don't see any activity in the library itself. The library is tested and it works ok with other backup software.

Do I need any patches to address this issue or something else. Please help...........
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SureStore 4/48 tape library.......

Hi,

Have you configured a tape robot device for the library? This is a pre-requisite before trying to get it to work in OB/DP. How did you configure the tape library and tape drives in OB/DP?
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Is the proper driver (sctl) for the robotics in the kernel and the device file created. If so try the library with the HP-UX "mc" or DP "uma" command. Does it work ?
john D_3
Frequent Advisor

I have /dev/rscsi/c0t6d0 to which the library is connected. Can you provide me steps to set the library up.

thanks
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Start with the below posting.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x9c7050011d20d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html
Regards
Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?