1753706 Members
4848 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SureStore 718 : Status displays Drive Idle

Kishore Mohapatra

HP SureStore 718 : Status displays Drive Idle

Hi,
There is no tape on the drive. But the status says, Drive Idle. It does not allow to load or unload. Does anybody know about this error message. Any help will be very much appreciated.Please email me at kishore_mohapatra@asg.aon.com.

Thanks.

Kishore

2 REPLIES 2
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SureStore 718 : Status displays Drive Idle

If the drive reports it is full then the library is unable to move media into it. Have you tried power-cycling the library with all the magazines loaded?

You could try loading a tape manually and see if the problem clears. Warning - use a tape that you can risk loosing.

Check carefully to make certain the drive leader is still attached. You can check this document for reference: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg50338

See the last picture on the page and item 1 must be attached. If it is not follow the procedure and see if that corrects your problem.

If the leader is attached then go into the ADMIN menu and then TEST then OPEN DRV HANDLE. Run that test once. If it passes then turn off the power while still at the "Test Passed" screen. If the test fails then there is something wrong with the drive. When the power is off open the door, take out the magazine, manually install a tape into the drive, put the magazine back in, and power on the library. If the drive was in a error state having a tape loaded may clear it.
Kishore Mohapatra

Re: HP SureStore 718 : Status displays Drive Idle

I was bale to solve that problem on friday. It was the Dead drive leader problem. I followed the solution given by the document nad now it is working fine. Thanks for your reply though.

Kishore