StoreEver Tape Storage
1748069 Members
5753 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Surestore DAT 24x6 tape drive problem - Door doesn't Open

Anthony Kuklis

HP Surestore DAT 24x6 tape drive problem - Door doesn't Open

I have an internal HP Surestore DAT 24x6 tape drive. It is inside a dedicated server so a reboot will not be possible a least for a few days. It is critical that I run a backup on this server since it contains critical data.

There is currently NO tape cartridge in the drive. I have tried to restart the backup software services (I'm using Backup Exec 8.5), tried to unlock the drive using the software and tried to press the eject button numerous times with no luck.

Is there any way that I can get the door to open without recycling the power?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Barrie Evans_1
Advisor

Re: HP Surestore DAT 24x6 tape drive problem - Door doesn't Open

Anthony,

Firstly, can you just confirm something for me... when you say there is no tape in the drive, do you also mean that there is no magazine inside the Autoloader (or is there actually one inside)??

Secondly, when you press the eject button, what is the message on the LCD (specifically, the message before pressing the eject button, whilst pressing the eject button, and after the button is released)??

Finally, have you tried a forced eject (i.e. press and hold the eject button for around 5-10secs). This is the the most that you can do without power-cycling the unit.

Let me know how you get on?

cheers,
Barrie