3921 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Ultrium Autoloader 1/9

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nigel McGowan

HP Ultrium Autoloader 1/9

We have C7747CB Ultium autoloader running under Netware5.1 ArcserveIT 6.6 Firmware versions Loader 2330 Drive E1AV

We downloaded latest HP_LTT for Netware: hp_ltt35sr2_nw.zip and installed as instructions.

When we try to view/upgrade the device in HP_LTT (NW) it lists as C7145 and shows as no firmware upgradable. There are two firmware files in the firmware directory.

Have we got wrong file? What firmware do we require?

TIA
13 REPLIES 13
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Firmware is not bundled with the LTT install package to keep the size down (with the exception of two DDS firmware images needed for an embedded test).

If you go to the product support page for the 1/9 autoloader, you will find a firmware bundle under "downloads & drivers".

The journey IS the reward.

David,
I to am having the same problem.I use Netware 6.0 and downloaded file hp_ltt35sr2_nw.zip. I read your reply and
I have searched and searched and the only firm ware file I keep getting directed to is the file for LTT. Please can you give me link to firmware bundle ? I'm having major issues with my backups and don't know if it is the firmware that I need for fix.
Thanks,
Debra
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

You want to look under support for "Storae", "Tape Storage", "HP Autoloader", and then "HP Surestore Tape Autoloader 1/9 series".

Under "Download drivers and software" there is a Firmware bundle. Here' the link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=21927&prodSeriesId=34114&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=co583&locBasepartNum=co-3044-12&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000&tech=Firmware++Bundle

David,
Please forgive my ignorance but if my SureStore is attached to Netware 6.0 server, do I still use the firmware that the link you gave me points to ? It was for Windows.
Thanks,
Debra
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Debra,

Fair question. Yes, I pointed to the zip file under the windows OS, as it doesn't appear that the firmware is published under the netware OS links.

The firmware files are independent of which OS you have. As long as you can unzip the firmware bundle you should be OK.

I can also point you to an ftp location for the individual files.

I'll research why we don't have the firmware listed under Netware.

David,
Thank you so much. It is confusing because I tried all day Friday to download files for Netware. Couldn't get the LTT to upgrade. I did look at Windows firmware but since tape drive is attached to Netware server I didn't even think about downloading Windows file. It could be a tad bit cleared. But I do appreciate you help and I will get going on this. If I have any more problems I will post again.
Thank you very much,
Debra
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Just in case, you can also ftp the files from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware

The latest drive code is E3BR.
LTT_Ultrium_1-SCSI_E3BR_OEM2.frm

The latest autoloader code is 2710.
LTT_C7145_2710.frm

David,
I'm so sorry but I'm having a heck of a time with this upgrade. I selected the files you indicated as the ones to use. Attached is the errors or windows I get and nothing happens. I'm using the Remote Management Card from browser. Please tell what I'm doing wrong. I'm at my wits end.
Debra

David,
I'm so sorry but I'm having a heck of a time with this upgrade. I selected the files you indicated as the ones to use. Attached is the errors or windows I get and nothing happens. I'm using the Remote Management Card from browser. Please tell what I'm doing wrong. I'm at my wits end.
Debra