6331 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP storageworks autoloader 1/8

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Masda,

> I can now detect the robotic library and the drive. I have run the HP autoloader and drive tool and it picks up both device.
When i run the connectivity test for the tape drive, there is an error. I have attached an image showing what happens.

It's hard to say if you are still having some connectivity issues. The error returned (from the screen shot) suggests that it may not be a hardware problem - it states "The IO request was rejected by the OS". It may be that the SCSI write buffer command (used for loopback) is not fully supported with your specific HBA, and since it's not a supported HBA for the autoloader, it's not one that we test.

The best way for us to investigate the LTT error would be to go to the Options -> Preferences window and click on "add I/O history to event log". This will save the commands that are sent as well as the responses. You could send that to ltt_team@hp.com, and we could look at it.

Have you tried the read/write test?

Was this configuration working at one time? If so, did anything else change (besides tidying up the cables)?

Are there any errors in the windows system or application event log that might shed some more light on this?

The journey IS the reward.
Masda74
Occasional Advisor

Dave

I have managed to do what you requested, and I have sent the email to HP.
I have not tried the read/write test as I can not get a tape in the drive.

Yes the configuration was working at one time or another. As a matter of fact we have the exact same setup here in Perth at the customer's head office and the backups are working. That is what I can not understand. The exact same hardware at both sites.

The problem being is that since I have been with the company that I am working for, no one can tell me if anything was changed. Like I said, I believe that the cables were tidied and that is all that has changed. I have not made any changes to the software on the server.

At the present time, I am unable to connect to the server and check the event log for any errors. As soon as I can get a descent connection to site I will have a look.

Masda74
Pradip Chakrabarti
Frequent Advisor

Kindly help on how to connect 1/8 460 autoloader with DL380 series servers....with which adapters if any is reqd.
Thanks
P Chakrabarti
Masda74
Occasional Advisor

Hi Guys

Sorry for not replying back in regards to my problem. The reason i was having problems was the drive. The unit was replaced and all is working now.

Pradip Chakrabarti
Kindly help on how to connect 1/8 460 autoloader with DL380 series servers...

Sorry but i do not know what server that is. What i did was i used Veritas drivers and Veritas application to set it up. I did not use any windows drivers. Once it was setup i created 3 partitions. The first partition was using slots 1-4. The second partition was using slots 5-7 and slot 8 was the third partition.
The reason for this is because i can use partition one for backups from Monday to Saturday. Partition 2 is used for Weekly backups on the Sunday. And slot 8 which is partition 3 is used for the monthly backups.
Hope this helps.
Masda74