1751976 Members
4623 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPDP V5.5 / Windows Media Agent and LTO tape drives

Jim Bucholz
Occasional Advisor

HPDP V5.5 / Windows Media Agent and LTO tape drives

We have two Windows media agenbts that with with a Unix cell manager running uX 11.0. One media server is Windows 2000, the other is Windows 2003. The Windows 2000 server can see all eight tape drives in the ATL which is fiber connected to our SAN. The Windows 2003 server which has the same HBA can only see five tape devices.

Zoning is set up the same for both servers. The HBA's are emulex 8000 and LP9802 cards that we have tried. Drives for the HBA's are the same, does any one know why the 2003 server would not see all eight tape drives.
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: HPDP V5.5 / Windows Media Agent and LTO tape drives

Hello Jim,

do you have a NSR (network storage router) in your enviroment? Did you configure a correct mapping for your windows server 2003?

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Jim Bucholz
Occasional Advisor

We are not using a router, it appears that the swicth and hba can see eachother. Just not the tape drives. The ATL is a Neo 4000 series and it had 3 FO controller cards. The crads and tape drives are on the same version of the software.

I am wondering if we need to try different firm ware for the HBA in the 2003 server. I will probably try a different test box with 2003 on it to see if that system has the same issue. I have tried a 2000 test box with the same HBA and it can see the drives.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Jim,

ahhh, your drives are direct fibre attatched? The zoning for your windows server 2003 is correct?

Try to upgrade to you latest hba firmware, but I don't think that a firmware upgrade will solve your problem.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick