1753720 Members
5013 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE L&TT for an Ultrium 3000 off eBay

braver
Occasional Visitor

HPE L&TT for an Ultrium 3000 off eBay

I've just obtained an HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 tape drive off eBay and was under the assumption that LTFS standard is open.  I've tried to download L&TT for Mac to use it (I've also ordered a RocketStor adapter), yet L&TT download for Mac requires "entitlements".  What do I need to do to download L&TT for my own HPE tape drive?

3 REPLIES 3
tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Re: HPE L&TT for an Ultrium 3000 off eBay

Hi

A service contract from HPE.

braver
Occasional Visitor

Obviously that doesn't make much sense for a used, personal drive.  This is an old equipment, and LTFS is an open standard.  Is there a way to use LTT under a license allowing personal, in-home use only?

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

L&TT is diagnostic software, not required for LTFS.  There are a lot of different software packages that implement LTFS for storing data to tape.  HPE offers a basic LTFS software implementation called StoreOpen.  Here is the link to the product page: https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/storage/storage-software/pip.storage-device-management-software.4249221.html

The link to the free download for the LTFS software is a bit hidding in the right-hand list of links.

I notice you indicated that you ordered a RocketStor adapter.  Those generally work but the last one I tried did not perform error recovery correctly when link errors occurred.  Traces were shared with them and they were working on the issue so you will want to make certain that the HBA has the latest firmware.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo